Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reasons to Blog

A question was recently placed on your (Pekin Daily Times) News Column Blog concerning why I choose to use my name rather than a pseudonym when I am making comments. The blogger pointed out that I am the only County Board Member who communicates via blogging to the residents of Tazewell County.

First I want to point out that while I am the only County Board Member who use his/her name when blogging, I am not the only County Board Member who blogs. Several others involved in the process also blog, but choose not to be identified. I use my name when I blog because I see no reason to mask myself from those I represent. I want my constituents to know who I am and why I vote the way I do.

I include my website address so that others can have full access to the information I have access to. Most of this information, including the full County Board Packet with in-depth background information on the issues we vote on, is not readily available to the general public and currently is not offered on other internet sites. This in-depth background information allows the public to not only read my opinion and those of others, but to also be able to see real, un-biased facts on the issue and come to their own conclusions. While the local media does a decent job of covering some of the issues and some of the background information, they do not have the space to cover all of it. It is my goal to provide this background information so that a full understanding of the issues is available to my constituents.

As always, I consider it an honor and a privilege to serve you on the Tazewell County Board and if I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

John C. Ackerman
(309) 635-7624
www.JohnCAckerman.com

3 comments:

Jenn of the Jungle said...

Wow now there's actual transparency.

EttuIoanne said...

Mr. Ackerman does blog and post comments on the internet using his real name . . . but sometimes has used a pseudonym . . .

Diane Vespa said...

Hi Ettu, Many writers and bloggers use pseudonyms occasionally for various reasons. In fact, my guess is that "Ettuloanne" is not your real name. Nothing wrong with that. Thanks for your comments!

Post a Comment