Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Communication Tool

In an continual effort to improve overall communication with my constituents, I offer a new blog, www.JohnCAckerman.blogspot.com, which will carry:

A) All of my Monthly Political Columns
B) All of my Tazewell County Board Recaps
C) Some of my Newsletters

This format will allow for you, my constituents, another avenue to communicate your thoughts and opinions with me. You can currently find and will continue to see these postings on the Illinois Review Blog, McLean County Pundit and Peoria's Blogging While Republican. I respect each of these groups and strongly recommend them to you.

During my campaign for office, I discussed my goal of greater communication and availability of information. This new blog, in conjunction with my website (www.JohnCAckerman.com) and newsletter, is just one way in which I hope to accomplish that goal. Government only works properly when the elected officials have proper information from the people and I encourage you to help me with this by providing your input. Together, we can continue to strengthen and grow Tazewell County and the State of Illinois.

A few months ago, the Bloomington Pantagraph said this about my website: “Give Tazewell County Board member John C. Ackerman a "sunbeam" award for his role in improving access to public information for his constituents.” They went on to say, “Normally, we wouldn't promote a single board member's site…But it contains useful information - information that should be, but isn't, on the official government site…we commend Ackerman for filling in the gap and for following through with his campaign pledge to improve communication and access to information.”

While this compliment from a leading Central Illinois Newspaper is appreciated, my goal of greater communication is just as never-ending as the continual growth of new technologies. You can also communicate with me via the web at JohnCAckerman.com and via my Newsletter, which you can sign up for on the Home Tab of the website.

As always, I consider it an honor and a privilege to serve you on the Tazewell County Board and if I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

John C. Ackerman
Tazewell County Board Member

0 comments:

Post a Comment