Friday, May 8, 2009

Peoria 9-12 Project



We are a local organization in Peoria, IL. We met for the first time on March 13, 2009 to view a live television special aired by Glenn Beck on Fox News Channel. We had 156 people attend and started organizing that day. Our group's foundation is based on the 9-12 principles and values listed by Glenn Beck.

Principles:1. America Is Good. 2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. 3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday. 4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government. 5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. 6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results. 7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. 8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. 9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

12 Values: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard, Work, Courage, Personal, Responsibility, Gratitude.

Peoria 9-12 Project was one of the organizers' for the April 15th Tea Party. This was our first rally to express our concerns for the enormous spending our government is responsible for. Currently, we are planning for future rallies. Our next rally is May 30th at noon in Liberty Park.

Peoria 9-12 Project meets twice a month. We believe in being proactive in local, state, and federal legislation, educating our community, and furthering the conservative movement. Our next meeting is Sat. May 9th at Lakeview Library at 4pm. On May 30th at 3pm at Lakeview Library, Joan Krupa will be our guest speaker. She will be discussing ethics reform in IL politics. All are welcome, limited space available. Please visit www.meetup.com to sign up for a local chapter near you. I am the organizer for Peoria and you can contact me by email (monkeysmiles75@yahoo.com).

2 comments:

Diane Vespa said...

Great Post, Jody! I love Joan Krupa. Please put me down for the May 30 event.

Precinct Committeeman said...

I hope the organization is more focused than the crowds on April 15th. They had every issue under the sun represented and not a clear organizing principle other than open the books of the Federal Reserve

Post a Comment